Company: MEC Construction LLC
Position: Field Engineer
Department: Project Management
Location: This position is a field/project based position
Direct Report: Project Manager
Status: Non-Exempt (At-Will)/Full-Time
• This position will require intermittent travel and provide an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated engineer to gain valuable experience on a wide range of gas transmission, midstream and compression station construction related projects.
• This position will give the candidate the opportunity to expand their technological background in civil and geotechnical construction while providing the opportunity to gain valuable project management experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reads and Studies all bid documents to gain a thorough understanding of the project scope.
• Assists the PM with maintaining the project set of IFC Drawings and assuring that the set is always the correct revision. Assist the PM with reviewing revised drawings for changes as they are issued.
• Ensure that project documentation is being prepared accurately (daily reports, time sheets, photos, as-builts, material test reports, subcontractor progress, etc.) and are being filed properly and timely.
• Ensures that the daily reports are prepared accurately, that time is cost coded correctly and production quantities are be tracked and reported. Sufficient detail shall be included in the report to accurately document the work that was completed
• Maintains tracking spreadsheets for production quantities, materials, BOM, weld count, x-rays, etc. for the project.
• Ensures that As-Built plans are maintained and that all changes are being documented
• Ensures that As-Built ISO drawings are being prepared (via AutoCAD) which include accurate data including all fabrication details, material heat numbers, welder stencils, and X-ray numbers.
• Assists the PM with documenting and tracking of Extra Work costs, assuring out of scope work is being captured as a Change Order and that Extra Work is not being performed without proper authorization.
• Maintains RFI and Change Order Logs and periodically updates
• Maintains updated purchase log and tracks Field Purchases.
• Assists the PM with performing takeoffs and obtaining quotes for required subs, materials, etc. that are required throughout the project.
• Maintains Project files for quick access and for future reference.
• Attends the daily planning meetings and prepares meeting notes to document and communicate to PM and Client.
• Attends the weekly Onsite Progress meeting with the client and takes meeting notes. • Assist in the preparation and Review of resource Scheduling and 3 week look ahead
• Assists the PM with maintaining and updating the project schedule.
• Ensure that all documents are cost coded (ie. project expense reports, delivery tickets, payroll.) Ensure that cost coding is correct.
• When dedicated Site Safety personnel are not provided on a project, assist the Project team with documenting safety meetings, JSAs, etc.
• Associates or Bachelor degree in Industrial, Civil, Mechanical Engineering, Business Management or a related field of study
• 1-3 years of experience in the construction industry or other related project management/engineering experience
Skills & Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team oriented atmosphere
• Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel experience
• Ability to work within AutoCAD or similar design software
• Ability to travel extensively and for extended periods of time
• Sound technical knowledge
• Commercial instincts
• Highly motivated, self-starter
• Ability to travel
• Ability to remain seated for long periods of time in a standard issue desk chair
• Ability to tolerate prolonged exposure to computer screens, mobile phone screens
• Ability to read documents and materials in hard and soft copy form (either naturally or with corrective lenses)
• Ability to work more than 40 hours in any given week including weekend assignments when required
• Ability to move from one location to another within and around locations
• Ability to understand the speech of another person
• Ability to frequently bend to file and maintain files
• Ability to occasionally lift 10+ pounds
• Ability to remain calm during emergencies and respond appropriately as dictated by the circumstance of the incident
• The individual must also be able to wear and properly utilize appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to work or visit within areas where it is required. This includes hard hat, safety glasses, reflective vest, ear plugs, steel toed shoes, or other protective equipment as required by the location
Licenses or Certifications:
• OSHA 10 Certification Preferred
• Travel is required
• MEC Construction LLC (MEC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabilities and protected veteran status
Ready to Apply? Complete the Form