- MEC Construction LLC
- AutoCAD Technician
- Project Management
- Fairmont, WV (80%)
- Project Locations (20%)
- AutoCAD Supervisor
- Non-Exempt (At Will)/Full-Time
- Create and update electronic drawing files that provide documentation of “as-built” MEC facilities.
- Drawings must be prepared in conformance with company standards.
- Field verification as required for buildings, site facilities, utilities and equipment.
- Provide drawing production support as needed for Engineering Department designs.
- Update MEC’s as-built electronic files per client and company standards
- Must be able to work as a team player with engineers and designers in other disciplines in order to properly prepare and maintain as-built master drawing files.
- Must be highly motivated, well organized and able to work unsupervised on multiple ongoing assignments with challenging deadlines
Educational / Skills Requirements:
- Candidate must be proficient in CAD production and Microsoft Office software
- Ability to work unsupervised in performing field verifications, interpretation of design documents and the preparation of as- built drawing documentation for facilities and piping
- Ability to operate personal computer, printer and plotter equipment as needed for drawing production and generation of hard-copy documents
- Must be well organized, self-motivated and have a strong work ethic
- Candidate must have the ability to work well with clients, customers and co-workers
- Have the dexterity to operate office and field equipment as required by the position
- In good physical shape/condition for climbing in and out of tight restricted working areas
- Must have the ability to communicate the English language both verbally and written in an effective manner
- Associates degree in Industrial, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering Technology, with emphasis on CADD drafting or similar related training/experience is preferred
- Candidate must have a minimum of two or more years of applicable electronic drafting experience or an advanced degree in Computer Aided Design combined with a minimum of two years of drafting experience.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team oriented atmosphere
- Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel experience
- Ability to work within AutoCAD 2014 LTE or similar design software
- Ability to travel extensively and for extended periods of time
- Sound technical knowledge
- Commercial instincts
- Highly motivated, self-starter
Licenses or Certifications:
- OSHA 10 Certification Preferred
- MEC Construction LLC (MEC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
- MEC offers competitive salaries, benefit programs and a high paced professional workplace conducive to professional growth and development.
Ready to Apply? Complete the Form